Indepth Dive Centre Phuket: Website Terms & Conditions
- There is currently no specific statutory law governing data protection or privacy in Thailand.
Privacy policies would normally include details on:
- What information is being collected and how it is being used
- A log data disclosure section to inform users their data is being automatically collected from the web browser, such as their IP address
- Cookies disclosure to inform users that you may store cookies on their computers when they visit the web page
- A links to other sites disclosure information users that you are not responsible for the content on other, linked sites. And they need to read the privacy policies on those sites.
Website Terms & Conditions: (Attachment B)
- Usually not a mandatory or legislated requirement for websites.
- Articulates rules and guidelines for people using the website.
Website Terms & Conditions: Thai Privacy Laws
Following a military coup on 22 May 2014, all but a few provisions of the 2007 Constitution were suspended. An interim Constitution was promulgated on 22 July 2014. The Interim Constitution does not explicitly uphold the right to privacy and the only provision on the protection and promotion of fundamental rights and freedoms reads as follow:
“Section 4: Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, all human dignity, rights, liberties and equality of the people protected by the constitutional convention under a democratic regime of government with the King as the Head of State. And by international obligations bound by Thailand, shall be protected and upheld by this Constitution.”
Personal Data Protection Laws
On 8 February 2016 the Committee on Preparations for Digital Economy and Society, Chaired by the Prime Minister, agreed to a 20-year plan by which the digital economy of Thailand would be reformed and developed. There are a number of strategies which will contribute to the establishment of a “Digital Thailand”, and to that end, 8 pieces of legislation have been proposed:
1. Electronic Transaction Bill (amendment)
2. Computer-Related Crime Bill (amendment)
3. Cyber Security Bill
4. Personal Data Protection Bill
5. Digital Economy Promotion Bill
6. Digital Development for Economy and Society Fund Bill
7. Broadcasting and Telecommunication Regulator Bill (amendment) and
8. Electronic Transaction Development Agency Bill (amendment).
The Personal Data Protection Bill is expected to attempt to protect personal data by requiring the owner’s consent for the utilisation of such data online. This will affect a number of business operators in various sectors. However, the most recent draft has recently been revoked from Parliament consideration for further revision and is expected to be proposed to the Parliament later in 2016. I can’t find a copy of the Bill or the text within it or any indication of when it will be reconsidered.
Website Terms & Conditions: Attachment A
Last updated: 01st May 2017 Indepth Instruction Co Ltd (Indepth) operates http://www.idcphuket.com (the "Site.") This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ("Personal Information").
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to other Websites
Indepth Instruction Co. Ltd takes no responsibility for the content of other third-party websites, of which links appear on our Site. IDC Phuket takes no responsibility for the actions or inactions of the owners and operators of such sites. We make no representations or warranties with such sites or any packages or services provided on, or through, those sites or the providers of those services.
Website Terms & Conditions: Attachment B
Terms and Conditions
The term "Indepth Instruction Co Ltd (Indepth)" refers to the owner of the website www.idcphuket.com whose registered office is 43/39 Moo 5, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand. Our company store number is No. S-36108 and our Member of the Tourism Authority of Thailand License No. 34/00462. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness. Or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors. We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Thailand.