PADI IDC: Not all PADI IDCs are the same!
We run the most dynamic, innovative, updated to the minute PADI IDC Instructor Development Course and Scuba Diving Internships. We keep you always on the cutting edge and one step ahead of the rest. This is absolutely vital when looking for work in such a competitive industry
What is one of the most important decisions you will ever make when you looking to become a PADI Instructor? Choosing your PADI Course Director is the answer!
Some questions which spring to mind when looking for a PADI IDC and PADI Course Director are:
- How long have they been diving?
- When did they become a PADI Instructor?
- When did they become a PADI Course Director?
- How many PADI IDCs have they taught?
- What is their REAL PADI IDC and IE Pass Rate?
- What scuba diving and Instructor Development experience do they have?
- If they are offering lot of FREE PADI Specialty Instructor Courses then Why?
- What are the IDC Training Facilities like?
- Can they help you find work afterwards?
- Will they still support and Mentor you once the IDC and IE are over?
Since 1999 our PADI Course Director Chris Owen has taught over 160 successful PADI IDCs programs. And he has certified over 1,500 PADI Instructors to varying levels.
PADI IDC IE Pass Rates:
Not only are Chris's PADI Instructor Development Courses (PADI IDCs) some of the best available anywhere in the world. They also produce unmatched pass rates year after year with his PADI IDC Candidates regularly scoring way above average:
- 2000 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2001 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2002 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2003 - First unsuccessful candidate at first PADI IE
- 2004 - Two Candidates unsuccessful at first PADI IE
- 2005 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2006 - Two Asian Candidates unsuccessful on written exams in English
- 2007 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2008 - One English candidate unsuccessful in OW, did the wrong skill.
- 2009 - One French candidate unsuccessful; nerves. One Swedish Candidate problem with translations but no problem second time around.
- 2010 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2011 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2012 - 100% First PADI IE Pass Rate
- 2013 - One Asian Candidate unsuccessful. They taught wrong skill in OW NERVES I'm afraid.
- 2014 - 100% First IE Pass Rate
- 2015 - One Asian Candidate unsuccessful on written Exams in English didn't take the IDC seriously unfortunately
- 2016 - One Asian Candidate unsuccessful on written Exams in English: ran out of time due to English language difficulty.
- 2017 - 100% First IE Pass Rate
By teaching the very latest PADI Courses as soon as they are released and using all the very latest PADI materials as soon as they become available. We ensure that your PADI Instructor Development Course experience is the most updated, comprehensive and professional available!
Chris's Indepth PADI IDC includes:
- Small Classes - IDCs limited to 6 Candidates
- IE Pass Guarantee
- 5% Early Bird discount
- 5% Cash Incentive discount
- 10 day Indepth PADI IDC program
- 3 day IDC Prep including PADI EANx Diver and DAN Oxygen Provider Courses
- Purpose built 5m & 3m deep scuba diving training pools.
- Thai Buffet Style lunch for all candidates - 10 days.
- Complementary High-speed ADSL e-mail & internet & Wireless Network.
- Computerized classrooms with full multimedia support; including LCD Projectors, speakers in the ceiling, desk top computers etc.
- Candidate Social area with full size fridge, coffee, tea, drinking water etc
- Access to Training Centre 24 hrs / day for evening or afternoon study.
- Extra in-water workshops: CESA, Surface Skills, Pocket Mask Rescue workshop
- VIP Discount card - up to 20% off all equipment purchases
- Tanks & weights for all Prep / AI / IDC / OWSI / MSDT activities
- Full support during your Instructor Examination
- Full range of Instructor Continuing Education directly following IE
- Complementary Airport pick up worth 30 $USD
- Job placement service
- Complementary Visa Assistance
10 Day expanded PADI IDC
Although PADI requires an IDC to have a minimum duration of 7 days we have never run a 7 day program. Over the years we have found extra presentations and workshops highly beneficial to our candidates' success. To accommodate these extras that we have integrated into our program we have found a 10 day program more suitable.
Some examples of extra workshops include: Ascents & Descents, Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent (CESA) pool and open water. Student Control both under water and at the surface and effective Pocket Mask use among others.
We work hard to keep this an efficient and relaxed program. This is important because people are most receptive to learning and perform their best in a low stress environment, whilst keeping it fun.
Small Classes = Personal Attention!
Chris is proud of his IE Pass Rate. One of the ways this fantastic pass rate has been maintained has been by limiting class sizes to no more than 6 IDC Candidates / IDC!
It is only by limiting Candidate numbers that ANY Course Director can spend the necessary time. And give you the personal attention that YOU need and YOU deserve to fully develop your abilities! Our staff are dedicated to YOUR IDC program and are available 24 hrs a day to answer any queries or questions you might have.
Extra remedial lectures and workshops are ALWAYS available and are scheduled during the evenings as required.
Although PADI allows a maximum ratio of 8 candidates to one PADI Course Director / PADI IDC Staff Instructor. We limit our PADI IDC candidate to staff ratio to 5:1.
Working in groups of 5 gives everyone time for discussion and individual feedback. This number is also ideal for the Confined and Open Water Teaching Presentations you will be giving during the IDC. You will also profit enormously from the contributions and ideas of your fellow candidates.
Due to the continued success rate of Chris's Indepth PADI IDC programs on Phuket, Thailand Chris is happy to offer you the following guarantee :
"Should you attend anyone of our IDC packages which includes our IDC Preparation Program. In the unlikely event that you should not be successful, then you will be invited to attend another IDC free of charge"
"Early Bird Discount Program"
This was introduced in 2003 to try and ease the chaos of last minute bookings . Correct you wouldn't believe how late some people leave it! We are now trying to encourage PADI IDC Candidates to as early as possible to ease our last minute IDC logistics and to avoid disappointment:
Receive a 5% discount off any IDC bookings made 30 days prior to the start of your IDC program!
Be organised and reap the rewards!
The 5% Cash incentive program is simple ….
By paying by credit card we lose 5% to the bank. So as someone has to lose this money we thought it might be nicer to give the money to YOU rather than the bank.
Pay in cash and receive a further 5% discount off your IDC package price.
Check out our purpose built Scuba Diving Training Facility: Our IDC Training Facilities
Team spirit and the ability to work with people are crucial to your success as a PADI Instructor.
You are very much encouraged to work together on your "homework assignments". We have found that staying at the same location helps this enormously! We will even give the IDC Class a key to the Training Centre. So you will have ample time to practice by yourselves or with the staff in the evenings after class and make use of the social area and facilities.
Our IDC Staff and Languages
Chris teaches his IDC programs in English, although he can teach in English, French and Thai. There are two main reasons for this, the first of course being that Chris is English!
The second and more important reason is that because the dive industry is such a huge, diverse and truly international business. Although you might plan to teach only in your native language the chances are your going to find yourself doing a lot of teaching in English.
Our aim is to prepare you for this from the beginning.
During the IDC Chris is assisted by various PADI IDC Staff Instructors. These instructors are fluent in a number of languages and will be able to clarify any language related questions you might have. Staff languages currently include French, German, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Chinese, Maldivian and Thai.
Should you wish to give a presentation during the IDC or the IE in your own language then with advance notice we can arrange for a suitable translator. You are however encouraged to give your presentations in English.
We are able to provide you with written exams, both Dive Theory and Standards, in over 22 languages both during the IDC and at the IE.
If you have any doubts about language please don't worry - just contact Chris.
PADI or DAN Oxygen Provider Course included!
Unfortunately it is a sad fact that people do suffer accidents. As we are all aware the most important first aid for diving related accidents is that of immediate oxygen provision.
What is even sadder is that a large percentage of dive professionals, both Divemasters and Instructors have NEVER received training in this field. And are untrained in oxygen administration.
We have integrated the PADI / DAN Oxygen Provider Course into our Indepth PADI IDC program!
Mandatory for PADI Instructors and PADI Divemasters in most countries throughout the World. This course gives candidates a basic knowledge for the practical administration of oxygen using various delivery systems, including demand, oronasal mask, constant flow and pocket mask.
Support During your IE
Most PADI Course Directors and PADI IDC Centers do not accompany their candidates during the Instructor Examination. We do.
Although we know that your preparation is completed and our job is over at the end of the PADI IDC. We also take care of all the logistics during your PADI IE. Chris and his IDC Staff will accompany you throughout your PADI IE program.
This guarantees that you can concentrate 100% on your IE! Without you wasting any time worrying about transport, tanks, weights, equipment and the like.
Looking for work as a PADI instructor?
Should we not be able to find work for you within our own operations then we have many, many contacts. These are on Phuket, Phi Phi, Ko Tao, Ko Chang, in fact most of Thailand, Asia, Europe and throughout the rest of the world.
Chris has lived and worked in the diving industry for the past 25 years. In Thailand Chris has worked in Ko Samui, Ko Tao, Pattaya and Bangkok and has a huge network of contacts and is extremely successful in placing instructors.
Something else you should do to increase your chance of getting a job is to increase you qualifications. The more you are able to offer the dive centre customers, the greater you chance of being employed.
PADI Specialty Instructor Training are a good way to do this. We offer a full range of PADI Specialty Instructor training immediately after every PADI IE.
So far every one of Chris's PADI IDC Candidates who has wanted a job in Thailand for example, has been successfully employed!
We would urge you to be cautious about any PADI Course Director or Dive Centre offering you "guaranteed" Work / Job 'if you do your IDC with them. Over the decades that we have been running PADI Instructor Courses we have heard and seen many disappointments with this type of offer.
For more information re: job opportunities, visa requirements etc: contact Chris