MV Hallelujah Liveaboard: Destinations
MV Hallelujah Liveaboard: Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock
|Days||Nights||Dive Cruise Destinations|
|4||4||14 dives - Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock|
The Hallelujah Liveaboard was built in 2002 and started out another life as the 'Viking of the Orient." However in November 2011 she was refitted and started operations as MV Hallelujah and is now probably one of the Thailand's best known Liveaboards.
MV Hallelujah Liveaboard is a very large boat, 35m long, and takes a maximum of 25 guests. She has 10 twin bunk cabins, another 2 larger double bed cabins and 1 VIP single cabin on the top deck, behind the wheelhouse. All Hallelujah Liveaboard cabins have large windows, adjustable aircon, in addition to their own private sink, toilet and hot shower. Also each cabin also has multiple 220v outlets so you can charge your cameras, laptops. Or other diving accessories therefore losing contact or missing photos are not an issue.
There is a spacious lounge with a large flat-screen TV, DVD player with a large selection of DVDs. There are also several desks in the lounge with 220v outlets for those wishing to do photo or video editing on board.
And if you need to do a dive to get you back into Dive-Mode then let us know and you can dive Phuket before your Liveaboard trip.
MV Hallelujah Liveaboard: What's included
- Accommodation on board with towel, bio-degradable soaps & shampoo
- Delicious Cuisine served. Probably some of the best on any Similan Liveaboard
- 3 full meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner, with snacks, fruit, free-flow hot & cold beverages
- 12L tank, weights and weight belt and DIN adapters if needed
- LED dive torch included free for night dives. Or additionally 150 THB / day
- Dive guide with a ratio of 1 DM: 4 divers. Customers may of course dive by themselves if they wish. However, there is no discount for doing so
- Boat transfers to the beach during surface intervals when possible
- Nitrox is available on board at 200 THB / fill
- Or Nitrox Tank package of 2,000 THB for 11 tanks and 3 air top-ups
- Also 15 Lit tanks are onboard at 200 THB/ day or 800 THB per Liveaboard Trip
- Round trip transfers from either Phuket hotels, central Khao Lak hotels or Phuket International Airport
- Liability insurance on MV Hallelujah Liveaboard restricted/ limited for local emergency procedures
MV Hallelujah Liveaboard: What is NOT included
- Customers MUST have their own dive insurance.
- However, Dive Insurance can be provided by Hallelujah Liveaboard for guests PLEASE be sure to ask well in advance if you think you might need this service
- Scuba Equipment rental, Alcohol, 15L tanks, towels
- Not included are Similan Islands National Marine Park Fees
- National Marine Park Fees should be directly to Hallelujah Liveaboard when you reach the boat. They then pay the authorities when the boat enters the National Park.
- Similans / Richelieu Rock / Surin 500 Baht for entry into the National Park. Because this is a National Park the fee applies to both divers and non-divers.
- 200 THB / diver / day
Please note: Because The National Park set National Park Fees, they are subject to change without notice
MV Hallelujah Liveaboard: Guest Facilities
- Maximum number of Guests: 25 guests
- There are 10 twin bed cabins
- With 2 double bed cabins
- And 1 single cabin
- Notably All cabins with air conditioning and private bathroom
- Cabins also have 220-volt Electricity 24 hrs and air-conditioning
- Both Indoor and outdoor saloons
- With Audio and Video Entertainment Center
- And there is an Air-Conditioned Saloon with wide Screen TV
- Covered Outdoor Dining
- Photography Station
- Fresh water showers on the dive platform
- Large buckets filled with fresh water for either cameras, dive computers or torches.
Hallelujah Liveaboard: 4 Days / 4 Nights (14 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
Hallelujah Liveaboard Schedule
Departure Day: Board MV Hallelujah at Thap Lamu pier at around 19:00. Then leave for the Similan Islands at 21:00. Dinner served on board while cruising out to Similans.
Diving Days 1,2 and 3
4 dives / day at The Similan Islands, Richelieu Rock, Koh Bon & Ko Tachai
Typical daily Similan Islands Liveaboard Dive schedule:
- 07:00 hrs: First, morning Wake up Call & a light breakfast before the 1st dive
- 07:30-08:30 Dive 1 followed by a full breakfast. When the boat is at the Similan Islands there is time for a beach excursion before lunch. However, when at Ko Bon, Koh Tachai or Richelieu Rock there are no opportunities to go on land. This is because of the distance the boat is from land.
- 11:00 – 12:00 hrs: Dive 2 with lunch served after the 2nd dive
- 14:00-15:00: Dive 3. When the boat is at the Similan Islands there is time for a beach excursion to explore, swim snorkel etc. With snacks served on board at around 16:30
- 1900 hrs: Dive 4 is a Night Dive. Additionally, with Dinner served after the Night Dive.
- Diving Day 4: 2 dives and return to Thap Lamu. The transfer back to your hotels follows with Arrival back on land is usually around 15:00. Followed by transfer to your hotel.
The above itinerary is an example of the usual Hallelujah Liveaboard schedule. As the boat Captain and Hallelujah Liveaboard Cruise Director decide the daily dive schedule based on daily variables.
Indepth and Hallelujah Liveaboard retain the right to cancel or alter the trip. This is for the safety of all passengers, crew and the vesse.
MV Hallelujah Liveaboard: Specifications
- Length: 35m (115ft)
- Beam: 5.5m (18ft)
- Fuel: 9,000 liters
- Water: 10,000 liters + maker
- Bathrooms: 8 hot & cold water
- Engines: Hino, 2 X 400 hp
- Generators: 24 hours/day
- Compressors: Bauer 2 X 190 liters/ min
- Cruising speed: 10 knots
- Maximum speed: 10 knots
- VHF radio / CB Radio / SSB Radio / GPS / Echo sounder, Sonic depth sounder / mobile telephone / Satellite telephone / Radar / Auto Pilot
- First aid kits
- Oxygen system (used for Nitrox as well as emergency use)
- DAN O2
- 2 X 25 person life rafts
- SOLAS-approved life jackets in each cabin
- CO2 firefighting equipment
- Dinghy: 1 X 4.2 m with 40hp
- Boat Crew:
- Captain, engineer (certified for emergency procedures), four Divemasters (1 trained paramedic), cook, cook helper, 3 x deck hand, hostess, masseuse (total 9 crew + 4 dive staff)