DAN Hazardous Marine Life Injuries 5,500 THB
Hazardous Marine Life Injuries: have you ever worried about be stung or bitten while scuba diving?
Most of us scuba dive or snorkel because we want to interact with and observe aquatic life. I mean who wouldn't want to in the tropical water of Phuket? However, it is also one of the reasons that some people are afraid to venture on to or under the sea. In reality though injuries caused by hazardous marine life are rare and usually the result of a diver’s carelessness and a defensive reaction by the animal.
Join this popular DAN Course to find out more about Marine Life Injuries ...
- Duration: ½ Day Classroom
- Pre-requisites: CPR & First Aid
- Minimum Age: 14
- Digital/Online Study: No
- Availability: Daily
- Group Size: 4:1
- Personal Tuition: 1:1 personal tuition is available
DAN First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
The DAN First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries training program is around 4-6 hours and is open to all that have an interest in the subject.
The Hazardous Marine Life Injuries (HMLI) student manual sets the scope for this fun training program. The course teaches scuba divers and non-divers the entry-level procedures in identifying Hazardous Marine Life so as to recognize and provide basic first aid to possible injuries caused by hazardous marine life and how to avoid hazardous marine life injuries.
This very interesting four-hour Hazardous Marine Life Injuries program covers the following subjects:
- Hazardous Marine Life Identification
- Types of Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
- Indications and First Aid for Venomous Marine Life Injuries
- Spine Punctures
- Blue-Ringed Octopus
- Sea Snake Bites
- Sea Urchin
- Cone Shell
- Severe Allergic Reaction
- Warning Signs and First Aid Procedures for Bites
- Marine Animal Bites
- Common Octopus
- Warning Signs and First Aid Procedures for Irritations, Cuts and Abrasions
- Warning Signs and First Aid Procedures for Seafood Poisoning
- Skill Development Overview
- Scene Safety Assessment
- Initial Assessment with Basic Life Support
- Basic Life Support with Supplemental Oxygen
- Providing care with an AED
- Control of External Bleeding
- Shock Management
- Wound Management
- Pressure-Immobilization Technique
- Emergency Assistance Plan
- Avoiding Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
It is important to understand that the Course does not provide training in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillators (AED) and Oxygen Provision in Diving Accidents or in Scuba Diving Rescue.
For more information on these DAN courses please Contact Us.
Now you know the basics about First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries.
However what would you do if the person you were treating, for example a scuba diver out on a Day Trip or a Liveaboard, got worse and needed further treatment?
The most likely scenario is that you would need to administer Oxygen especially if out at sea with no medics or Drs around, and that it might well be your job to apply First Aid.
Vital courses for serious Scuba Divers and those on the Professional scuba diving path ...
DAN Hazardous Marine Life Injuries Pricing Options
|Included: DAN course materials and certification fees as well as all necessary use of mannequins, Oxygen units, AED etc needed for the course.|
|½ - 1 Day||Classroom Only||5,500 THB|