Dive Phuket with Indepth Dive Centre
is a PADI 5* Instructor Development Center (IDC) & TecRec center S-36108. One of Thailand’s leading PADI Dive Centers.
Formed some 17 years ago Indepth is the brain child of PADI Course Director and Rebreather Instructor Trainer Chris Owen. Chris now sports over 24 years experience working full time in the scuba diving industry in Thailand and Asia. Continuing to dive Phuket is his passion.
We love to dive Phuket. After so many years we still enjoy providing thrilling first time try dive experiences with the PADI Discover Scuba Diving. We also teach PADI Open Water Diver courses and offer PADI scuba diving courses all the way to the professional levels. This starts with the PADI Divemaster Course and PADI Instructor Development Course or IDC. In addition PADI Poseidon Rebreather courses from diver level to PADI Rebreather Instructor are also available.
Our dive operation is focused on quality, fun & safety. We have achieved this by remaining small and concentrating on being thoroughly professional and building on experience. Dive centres whose main aim is to attract many students cannot achieve this. So we decided to focus on small numbers. Providing the best possible personal and professional touches we can.
As a result, we are not the cheapest. There is simply no way to provide the quality, value for money we believe we provide and be the "cheapest".
What IDC Phuket Offers
We choose to offer what we would look for ourselves if we are looking to dive Phuket. Whether it is a Liveaboard Safari or a Phuket Day trip to dive Phuket dive sites. We strive to offer the best customer service and value for money possible!
Chris is first of all CEO of Indepth and is also the owner. He currently manages and teaches the Instructor Development / IDC side of the Dive Centre. Furthermore, Chris runs the Poseidon Rebreather Centre operations. Since 1992 Chris has been working full time in the scuba diving industry in Thailand. As a result this means over 25 years’ experience from working as a Divemaster to teaching scuba diving. In addition, he has managed and owned Dive Shops in Thailand, before opening Indepth to dive Phuket.
His experience in every aspect of dive company management means that Indepth Dive Centre runs smoothly and successfully. This includes being the first company to bring Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx) to Thailand in 1995.
He became a PADI Course Director in 2000 focusing on Instructor level training in PADI, EFR and DAN. Since 2012 Chris became addicted to diving the Poseidon Rebreather and is consequently now a PADI Poseidon Rebreather Instructor Trainer.
The IDC philosophy
We pride ourselves on our reputation for quality and professionalism gained since Chris started Indepth in 1999. And since opening our purpose built Indepth Training Center in 2010.
We understand just how important your time is to you while you are on holiday! We offer flexible course structures focusing on online PADI materials consequently saving you time before you dive Phuket. However this does not limit your learning experience. In addition we also offer customised dive packages including Phuket Day Trips, Liveaboards and speed boat charters. Therefore everything to suit your own schedule.
Dive Phuket succesfully, safely & enjoyably by taking advantage of these key features
- PADI 5* IDC Facilities and 5* Service.
- Knowledgeable & helpful staff with many years’ experience of Thailand and Phuket both underwater and on-land.
- Dive Phuket Day Trips with 2 or 3 dives/days.
- We can put you on any dive site any day of the week.
- Purposes built Scuba Diving Training Center incl use of 5m and 3m deep purpose built pools.
- PADI Scuba Diving Courses from Beginner to Professional.
- PADI Instructor Development Courses.
- Poseidon Rebreather Center. Offering a full range of Poseidon CCR Rebreather Courses and Poseidon CCR Rebreather support.
- Technical Dive Courses. Both Open Circuit and Closed Circuit Rebreathers incl Trimix.
- DAN Courses up to Instructor Levels
- Liveaboards to the Similan & Surin Islands: North of Phuket
- Liveaboard trips to Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Ko Haa: South of Phuket
- Liveaboard Safaris to Burma
- All Staff qualified and current with CPR, First Aid and Oxygen Administration
- Hotel and taxi reservations
- TAT License
- Visa inquiries and Help
… and last but not least Dive Phuket! For a fun, safe, exciting, enthusiastic Thailand scuba diving experience for you to remember!