PADI Course Director
PADI Course Director is the highest Instructor rating in the PADI System of Diver Education and the most respected Recreational Scuba Diving Qualifications in the Diving Industry today.
PADI Course Directors are Instructor Trainers who are qualified to teach PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDCs) and other PADI Instructor-level training such are Specialty Instructor Course and also PADI Rebreather Instructor courses, once they have had the appropriate training.
Are you ready to reach the top?
- Duration: N/A
- Pre-requisites: See Course Details
- Minimum Age: 18
- Availability: N/A
- Group Size: N/A
- Personal Tuition: N/A
PADI Course Director
The PADI Course Director is the highest Instructor Rating in the PADI System of Diver Education.
PADI Course Directors are instructor trainers who conduct PADI Instructor Development Courses and other instructor-level training and hold the highest and most respected professional rating in recreational scuba diving.
They are among the dive industry’s most influential opinion leaders and role models. Those who join this elite group of professionals pass through a stringent screening process that examines their experience and training just to get into the competitive and demanding Course Director Training Course (CDTC) conducted twice a year by PADI.
During the PADI CDTC you learn how to teach PADI Instructor Development programs and gain experience in developing Instructors. The PADI CDTC is conducted by PADI Office Staff.
After successful completion of the PADI CDTC you can teach the following PADI courses and programs:
- PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDCs) and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) programs
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor courses
- PADI Status Updates
- After certification as a PADI Specialty Instructor Trainer, you can also teach PADI Specialty Instructor Courses
The Prerequisites for applying for acceptance on a PADI CDTC are currently as follows:
- Be a renewed, teaching status PADI Master Instructor for at least the past six months
- Have no verified Quality Assurance complaints for at least the past 12 months
- Conduct all PADI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with PADI
- Standards and philosophy as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual for at least the past 12 months
- Exclusively use the complete PADI System of diver education including all appropriate PADI training materials for at least the past 12 months
- Certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Have staffed at least two complete IDCs after being certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
- Certified as a current Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer
- Experience working with a PADI Dive Shop or Dive Resort
- Have a minimum of 250 logged dives
- Meet all other requirements as specified by PADI at the time of application
For the latest requirements contact PADI directly
So you have reached the very top...
Not quite, our PADI Course Director and Rebreather Instructor Trainer Chris Owen thought the same thing when he became a PADI Course Director in April 2000 … however he has almost taken more course since becoming a PADI Course Director than he has since before he became a PADI Course Director.
Once you have a achieved the PADI Course Director rating you will want to be able to teach as many courses at the Instructor Trainer level as possible.
PADI Rebreather Instructor Trainer is one of the courses you should be looking at taking; rebreather diving is becoming more and more mainstream and what was once a very elite diving specialty is now becoming more and more popular and mainstream!
REMEMBER: As a PADI Course Director you need to be as up to date as possible not only with PADI Course but also the Dive Industry worldwide
BECOME A PADI REBREATHER INSTRUCTOR … and stay one ahead of the rest...
Contact PADI for the latest pricing & requirements