PADI Master Instructor (MI) Rating
Be recognized as one of the elite PADI Scuba Diving Educators: PADI Master Instructor.
PADI Master Instructors personify the true “dive professional” by demonstrating a thorough understanding of the PADI System of Diver Education by showing that you have used your knowledge and skills by training and certifying at least 150 PADI Divers in a complete cross-section of all areas of the PADI system.
PADI Master Instructors are dive industry leaders who help to shape the development of future dive courses and the Dive Industry itself.
- Duration: N/A
- Pre-requisites: See Course Details
- Minimum Age: 18
- Availability: N/A
- Group Size: N/A
- Personal Tuition: N/A
PADI Master Instructor
The PADI Master Instructor Rating is a unique distinction in the Dive Industry from the point of view that it can only be attained through real life experience, not by simply taking and being successful on a course. It takes time, (a minimum of two years) and dedication (the number and variety of courses you need to have taught) to be in a position to be able to even apply for this distinguished rating.
The following are the current PADI Master Instructor Rating prerequisites:
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor.
- PADI Instructor for two years.
- Emergency First Response Instructor.
- Participated in three PADI Seminars.
- Issued 150 PADI certifications:
- At least 50 continuing education certifications (Adventure Diver or higher level) that include: 15 Specialty Divers, five Rescue Divers, five Divemasters and five Assistant Instructors.
Other ways to meet the 5 Assistant Instructor certification requirement:
- Staff two entire IDCs.
- Staff one entire IDC and certify three additional Assistant Instructors.
- No more than 75 from Discover Scuba Diving credits.
- No more than 25 from specialty courses without dives (Equipment Specialist, Project AWARE, etc).
- No more than 10 from PADI Seal Team or Master Seal Team registrations.
- No more than 50 from IDC staffing credits.
- Issued 10 Emergency First Response course completion cards.
- Used the complete PADI System of diver education including all appropriate PADI training materials when conducting PADI programs.
- Issued PADI as the primary certification, and conducted PADI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with PADI Standards and philosophy as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI’s Guide to Teaching.
- Have no verified Quality Assurance violations within the past six months and no open Quality Assurance Inquiries.
- Demonstrated support of the PADI organization in its efforts to establish programs in aquatic education and conservation.
So you have almost reached the very top …..
What’s “higher” than the PADI Master Instructor Rating – only the PADI Course Director!
PADI Course Director is the highest Instructor Rating in the PADI System of Diver Education and the most respected Recreational Scuba Diving Qualifications in the Diving Industry today.
PADI Course Directors are PADI Instructor Trainers who are qualified to teach PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDCs) and other PADI Instructor-level training such are Specialty Instructor Course and also PADI Rebreather Instructor courses, once they have had the appropriate training.
Once you have the necessary experience you would then be eligible to apply to PADI for acceptance into a PADI Course Director Training Course (CDTC) – for this year’s dates and CDTC Application Criteria and procedures, please contact the Training Department of your Local PADI Area Office.
You will see that the more PADI Instructor Ratings you have, the larger the variety of courses that you have taught(above Entry Level), then the more chance you have of being accepted into a CDTC.
Rebreather diving is becoming more and more mainstream and what was once a very “niche” and “hard core” diving specialty area, is now becoming simpler, safer, cheaper and more and more popular and mainstream!
REMEMBER: As a future PADI Course Director you need to be as up to date as possible not only with PADI Course but also the Dive Industry worldwide
BECOME A PADI REBREATHER INSTRUCTOR ... and stay one ahead of the rest...
Contact PADI for the latest pricing and requirements